1. Kuala Lumpur. This multicultural capital is a great blend of shopping, monuments, restaurants, parks and skyscrapers. The impressive Petronas Twin Towers stand tall over the city.
2. Penang. A colonial town with a UNESCO World Heritage town centre. There are many Peranakan mansions and beautifully decorated shophouses. It was originally a bustling port city. You can explore the picturesque coastline from here and stay in the beach resort area of Batu Ferringhi.
3. Langkawi. Famous for its dense jungles and beautiful clear waters. There are beach resorts along the coastline and lots of little villages scattered through the countryside. Langkawi is made up of 99 islands, with the jewel in the crown being the Langkawi Geopark.
4. Sabah. The perfect destination for nature lovers. Located on the island of Borneo, Sabah is the perfect base to climb Mt Kinabalu, take a diving day trip, visit the national park and the Poring Hot Springs, or perhaps a cycle through the countryside or white water rafting is more your thing. You won’t be lacking in choices.
5. Sarawak. This is Malaysia’s largest state, located on the northwest side of Borneo. It is best known for its rugged, dense rainforest, the local indigenous tribes, and its diverse city, Kuching. Take a longboat ride through the jungle.
6. Malacca. Great for a night or day trip, Malacca is a UNESCO World Heritage town filled with boutique hotels, shops and a lively night market.
7. Cameron Highlands. This is tea plantation country, and is so much cooler than the cities. This area is a photographer’s delight and there are several hiking trails to explore.
See our Malaysian honeymoon packages here.