1. Maui, Hawaii– Apart from admiring the sheer beauty of this island, there are many things for couples to enjoy such as watching the sunrise from Mt Haleakala, a sunset cocktail cruise, a couples massage at one of the many Spas, a horseback ride in the crater of a volcano, a helicopter flight over the island or perhaps a bit of stargazing, being one of the only places you can view the Northern Star and the Southern Cross. Staying at the Travaasa Hana or the Four Seasons will get you in the mood.
2. Hua Hin, Thailand– This serene part of Thailand isn’t swarming with tourists like Koh Samui and Phuket. It is so beautiful even the King takes his holidays here. The Chiva Som all inclusive resort is like a Garden of Eden and is favoured by celebrities for a health retreat or secret getaway. The Six Senses Hua Hin offers divine pool villas that you’ll have trouble wanting to leave.
3. Aix-en-Provence, France– This delightful region in the south of France offers the perfect place to spend quality time together meandering through cobbled streets, sampling the local cheese and wine, visiting the farmers markets, relaxing at a local café. Très bon. A stay at Le Pigonnet will make the experience even more romantic.
4. Venice, Italy– If you can’t get your other half feeling romantic here, you may as well give up. Gondola rides, delicious Italian meals, wandering over quaint bridges and through atmospheric alleyways, following in Casanova’s footsteps. A stay at Hotel Al Ponte Antico will have your lover swooning.
5. St Moritz, Switzerland– Enjoy a night-time ski on full-moon nights. A truly romantic setting with lake, forest and mountains. The Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains is the perfect place to stay.
6. Tamar Valley, Tasmania– Enjoy the beautiful winery-filled landscape and stay at the historic Quamby Estate. A treat for food and wine lovers.
7. Cook Islands– About the same travelling time as going to Bali from the east coast of Australia, the Cook Islands offers an unspoilt natural playground with a range of romantic resorts. We recommend Rumours Luxury Villas & Spa and Etu Moana.