1. The Maldives. The ultimate honeymoon destination. Crystal clear water, overwater bungalows, decadent resorts. And more affordable than ever.
2. Mauritius. So much to do, great cuisine and gorgeous beaches. Don’t miss the walk with the Lions, and get out and experience the wonderful restaurants.
3. Cook Islands. All the travel experts are saying this is currently the hottest destination around. And it offers a wonderful destination for a honeymoon. Unspoilt beauty with nothing to do but relax and enjoy each other’s company.
4. Italy. Such a passionate country, how can you go wrong? Picture the Amalfi Coast, Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Italian Riveria. Maybe shack up in a Tuscan villa. It’s Amore.
5. Tahiti. This beautiful group of islands offers stunning overwater accommodation, but much closer to home than the Maldives. There are plenty of water based activities, and luxurious Spas for total relaxation. You can even combine a Tahiti honeymoon with time in the Cook Islands with Air Tahiti Nui flying direct between the two destinations.
6. Hawaii. This is a favourite for US honeymooners, and becoming very popular with Aussies too, with direct flights possible from the East Coast. A wonderful place to do a lot, or nothing at all. Maui is very popular with honeymooners for it’s quieter, more relaxed place and romantic resorts.
7. France. Obviously Paris is the city of love, but there’s so many places in France perfect for a romantic honeymoon – visit Cote d’Azur, drive the Champagne Road, experience the Rivieria, imbibe your way through the Loire Valley.
8. Cancun, Tulum or Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Great beaches and all-inclusive resorts mixed with incredible historic Mayan sites.
9. Lizard Island. This is the ultimate honeymoon destination on the Great Barrier Reef. But privacy and indulgence comes at a hefty price.
10. Thailand. The Thai’s excel at service and creating a beautifully romantic atmosphere for their guests. The usual choices are Phuket and Koh Samui, but also consider Krabi, Hua Hin, Koh Lanta, or head for the hills of Chang Mai or Chang Rai.
11. Vietnam. Very inexpensive once you arrive and beautiful, indulgent resorts abound. Try a city and beach combination such as Ho Chi Minh and Danang, or a city and cruise combination such as Hanoi and Halong Bay.
12. Sri Lanka. Emerging as a hot wedding and honeymoon destination, its colonial past provides stylish boutique accommodation and a wealth of history and sightseeing, from tea plantations to historic religious sites to safaris.
13. Bali. This has been a favourite Australian honeymoon destination for decades, and it still offers good value and most hotels and villas offer generous honeymoon bonuses. We recommend taking a private villa.
14. Margaret River. Delectable local produce, world-class wineries, cosy retreats and great beaches. A great combination for a romantic honeymoon.
View our latest honeymoon packages here.